Symbicort Turbohaler/Turbuhaler, a brand-name version of Budesonide / Formoterol, is available by prescription in doses form in different strengths. Symbicort is prescribed for the treatment of asthma and the prevention of asthma symptoms, such as coughing, tightness in your chest, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. Use Symbicort coupons to get the lowest price on Generic and brand Symbicort prescription.
Symbicort Turbuhaler (Budesonide/Formoterol) 80mcg/4.5mcg
Symbicort Turbohaler (Budesonide/Formoterol) 100mcg/6mcg
Symbicort Turbuhaler (Budesonide/Formoterol) 160mcg/4.5mcg
Symbicort Turbohaler (Budesonide/Formoterol) 200mcg/6mcg
Symbicort Turbuhaler (Budesonide/Formoterol) 320mcg/9mcg
Symbicort Turbohaler (Budesonide/Formoterol) 400mcg/12mcg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why is Symbicort (Budesonide/Formoterol) prescribed?
Symbicort Inhaler is a blend of two corticosteroids named Budesonide and Formoterol. It helps in treating airway ailments including asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Budesonide falls under the group of medications called ‘corticosteroids’. It exerts its action by lowering and preventing inflammation in your lungs, while Formoterol is a ‘long-acting beta2 adrenoceptor agonist’ in other words, ‘bronchodilator’. It acts by relaxing the muscles in your airways. And this aids you to inhale air more easily.
How to use Symbicort?
Consistently you use this inhaler; you must strictly follow the instructions given on the label as well; here are the steps used for using the inhaler:
- Take off and take out the lid (a rattling noise may come).
- The Symbicort inhaler is held in an upright position.
- Load your inhaler with one dose. Then you will hear a click sound.
- Exhale air mildly and hold your inhaler away from you to keep away from breathing into it.
What if I miss the dose of Symbicort?
If, for any reason, you miss out taking a dose of this capsule, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next capsule, you can miss out on the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to compensate for a missed one.
Symbicort Side Effects
The most common Budesonide/Formoterol side effects may include:
- Nervous feeling
- Fast heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Sleep problems
- Do not use Budesonide or Formoterol with antacids as well as cholesterol-lowering drugs such as cholestyramine. These drugs may lower down the efficiency of Budesonide when consumed in combination.
- Also inform your physician if you are taking any other drugs, particularly: diabetes medications, HIV (AIDS) medicines, such as Ritonavir, Indinavir, antifungal drugs, antibiotics such as Doxycycline, Clarithromycin, medications for heart problems including Quinidine, Verapamil.
- You must not use this inhaler if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, such as budesonide, formoterol, or lactose.
- Also, inform your doctor or healthcare professional if you have myasthenia gravis (a nerve as well as muscular disorder).
- Avoid the use of Symbicort inhaler if you have had a recent heart attack or high blood pressure.
- If you have a problem with osteoporosis, then avoid the use of this combination inhaler.
- Budesonide/Formoterol must also not be used if you have eye problems such as glaucoma and cataract.
- Patients with a history of epilepsy (fits or seizures) must also refrain from the use of this inhaler.
- Avoid the use of this inhaler if you have stomach, liver or kidney problems.
Is there a Generic Symbicort available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Symbicort is available with active ingredients of Budesonide/Formoterol.
Can I buy Symbicort without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Is there any Symbicort Coupon available?
Yes, You can save upto 80% on generic and brand Symbicort using our prescription coupons.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.