Spiriva, a brand-name version of Tiotropium bromide, is available by prescription in doses form in different strengths. Spiriva is a long-acting bronchodilator used in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. You can save on brand name and generic Spiriva by filling prescriptions online at our Online Pharmacy.
Spiriva (Tiotropium) 2.5mcg
Spiriva (Tiotropium) 18mcg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why is Spiriva (Tiotropium) prescribed?
Spiriva is the trade name for medication, Tiotropium. Spiriva Rotacaps make breathing easier for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma. Tiotropium is an anticholinergic agent that works by expanding the airways to allow easier breathing. Spiriva Rotacaps are used to put a stop to bronchospasm (narrowing of the airways in the lungs) in patients with serious lung problems like bronchitis, emphysema, or asthma.
How to use Spiriva?
Use the medication exactly as per your doctor’s prescription. Avoid the use of it in larger or smaller amounts or for a duration larger than the one suggested. Remember that medicine is used to prevent bronchospasm attacks, so never use this Tiotropium to treat a bronchospasm attack that has already initiated. It won’t act fast enough to undo your signs. In that case, make use of any fast-acting inhalation drug to treat an attack.
It is important to use Tiotropium on a regular basis if you want to get the most benefit. Rotacaps should not be swallowed. The capsule is placed at the base of rotahaler. Then the mouthpiece is twisted totally until you take notice of a click sound. Then breathe in intensely via the mouthpiece. The breath is held up for up to 10 seconds. If any powder leaves behind in the rotahaler then you must repeat the process.
What if I miss the dose of Spiriva?
Use the drug as soon as you remember. If it is roughly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and hang around until your next regularly scheduled dose. An extra medicine must not be used in order to make up the missed dose. Do not use the Spiriva Rotacaps for more than one time in a 24-hour period.
Spiriva Side Effects
The most common Tiotropium side effects may include:
- dry mouth
- Cold symptoms such as the stuffy nose, sneezing
- Stomach upset as well as muscle pain
Inform your physician if you plan on taking Spiriva tablet while taking any of the following drugs:
- Ulcer medications such as glycopyrrolate or mepenzolate
- Steroid medication such as prednisone, fluticasone
- Cough, cold, or allergy medicine
- Irritable bowel medications such as dicyclomine
- Bladder or urinary medications such as darifenacin
- Do not use this medicine in case you have or ever had any renal or hepatic disorders.
- Tiotropium might be unsafe for use during pregnancy. Various studies have found certain adverse effects on the fetus.
- In case of allergy to Tiotropium or similar anticholinergic drugs; Spiriva rotacap is not safe for use.
- Dry mouth may crop up as a side effect of this drug. Recurrent mouthwashes, excellent oral hygiene, sugar-free candies as well as ample water consumption may help.
Is there a Generic Spiriva available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Spiriva is available with active ingredients of Tiotropium.
Can I buy Spiriva without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.