Januvia is a prescription medication used to treat the symptoms of type 2 diabetes. Januvia can be used alone or in combination with other medicines. Januvia belongs to the Antidiabetics, Dipeptyl Peptidase-IV Inhibitors family of medicines. You can save on Januvia by using Januvia Coupon at our Online Pharmacy.
Januvia (Sitagliptin) 25mg
Januvia (Sitagliptin) 50mg
Januvia (Sitagliptin) 100mg
Why is Januvia prescribed?
Diabetics have a high level of sugar in the blood. Consequently, they develop life-threatening complications like poor vision, stroke, heart diseases, nerve damage, kidney issues, gum disease, impotence, etc. Sitagliptin triggers the production of natural substances (incretin) that lower blood sugar. Incretin increases the insulin level in the body, after a meal. It also decreases the production of sugar (glucose) in the liver. Januvia doesn’t treat type I Diabetes.
How should Januvia medicine be used?
Doctors prescribe a standard dose of 100 mg, once a day. You may take it with water, with or without food, as directed by the doctors. Your blood sugar levels may fluctuate after taking the drug. Sometimes, doctors prescribe a lower dose of sulfonylurea (insulin secretagogue) to avoid the risks associated with hypoglycemia.
What if I miss the dose of Januvia?
If you miss a dose, take the tablet as soon as you remember, but do not take two doses close together. If you overdose on Januvia, and experience symptoms like breathing issues, unconsciousness, etc. immediately seek medical help at 911 (National poison control center).
What are the side effects of Januvia ?
- Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar (characterized by symptoms like nausea, hunger, headache, irritability, sweating, dizziness, seizures, etc.)
- Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar (the symptoms include frequent urination, thirst, flushing, drowsiness, confusion, fruity breath odor, rapid breathing, etc.)
- Allergic reaction (hive, rash, itching, swelling, etc.
- Pancreatitis (loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, severe pain in the abdomen)
- Autoimmune reaction (blisters, itching and skin breakouts)
- Joint pain
- Kidney problems
- Heart problems
- Respiratory issues
- Shortness of breath
- Rapid weight gain
- Swelling in the body
Januvia may react when taken in combination with certain herbs, dietary supplements, prescription and non-prescription drugs, such as:
- Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps, etc.
- Oral anti-diabetic medicines, such as Glimepiride (Amaryl), Chloropropamide (Diabinese), Glyburide (DiaBeta), Glipizide (Glucotrol), Tolbutamide, Tolazamide (Tolinase), etc.
- Beta-blockers like Propranolol, Metoprolol, etc. may produce violent reactions during hypoglycemia (when blood sugars dip low).
- Make sure you inform your pharmacist about your previous medical history and allergies, especially if you’ve experienced kidney diseases, heart diseases, gallstones, or pancreatitis in the past.
- Avoid taking medicine when your body is under stress due to injury, infection, fever, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy, dental procedure, or surgery.
- Do not drive, operate machinery or perform intense physical activity after taking the medicine, as it may cause dizziness, blurred vision, and drowsiness.
- Keep the medicines away from children and pets.
- Always keep a source of fast-acting sugar with you (like raisins, non-diet soda, candy, and fruit juice) should your blood sugar dip low.
Is Generic available for Januvia?
No. There is currently no therapeutically equivalent version of Januvia available in the United States.
Can I buy Januvia without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and storage?
- Always keep the medicine in the box
- Keep it tightly closed and out of reach of children and pets
- Store the medicine at room temperature away from excess heat and moisture
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.
Available Januvia Discount Coupons