Actos (Pioglitazone) 7.5mg
Actos (Pioglitazone) 15mg
Actos (Pioglitazone) 30mg
Actos (Pioglitazone) 45mg
Actos or Generic Pioglitazone Uses, dosage & side effects
Actos is a drug indicated in the treatment of people with type 2 diabetes and exerts its effectual action when the medicine is combined with a proper diet as well as an exercise in order to keep blood sugar low. The medication helps to control the levels of blood sugar in the body by restoring your body’s reaction to insulin.
This blood sugar control helps to prevent complications such as nerve issues, renal damage, blindness, loss of limbs, as well as sexual dysfunction. It might also lower your risk of heart attack and stroke.
How does Actos work?
Actos falls under the class of drugs called thiazolidinediones. It acts by reducing the amount of sugar the liver produces as well as the intestines absorb. It also aids to manufacture your body more sensitive to the insulin that you produce in a natural way.
How to use Pioglitazone?
Use Actoplus as per the directions of your physician. Take Actoplus tablet by mouth with meals. Take the medication on a regular basis in order to get the most benefit from it. Taking the drug at the same time on a daily basis will help you remember to take it.
In case of overdose:
If any person has consumed an overdose of this medicine and is experiencing serious signs including passing out or breathing problems, call 911. Or else, call a poison control center immediately.
In case of missed dose:
If you miss a dose of Actoplus tablet, consume the medicine the moment it is possible. If it is roughly the time for your next dose, you can leave the missed dose and resume to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take double doses at the same time.
What are the possible side effects of Actos?
Possible side effects of Actos tablet may include:
• Cold-like signs
• Loose stools
• Nausea, vomiting
• Stomach upset
• Severe allergic reactions
• Blurred vision or other vision changes
• Chest pain or discomfort
• Dizziness or light-headedness
• Muscle pain or weakness
• Shortness of breath
• Yellowing of the eyes or skin
What are the drug interactions of Actos?
Actos is thought to interact with the following medications including:
• Digoxin, Quinidine
• Calcium channel blockers
• Blood thinners
• Diuretics (eg, furosemide)
• Hormonal contraceptives
• Patients with a known allergy towards any ingredient in Actoplus must not take this medicine.
• If you have a history of type 1 diabetes, then you must not take Actoplus.
• Patients with moderate to severe heart failure must also not use this drug.
• Patients with low blood oxygen levels should also not consume the Actoplus tablet.
• If you will be having surgery or certain lab procedures, then you must also avoid the use of this drug.
• If you are having a history of liver issues, such as jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), then you must not take this medication.
• If you have had a stroke or a recent heart attack, then you must not take this medicine.
• If you are 80 years old or more in age then also refrain from the usage of Actoplus.
Keep the medicine in a cool, dry place, protected from light and moisture.
Coupon: Actos can be ordered online from our Canadian Pharmacy available online and avail huge benefits from our incredible offers and deals using our coupon code.