Glucophage (Metformin) 250mg
Glucophage (Metformin) 500mg
Glucophage XR (Metformin) 500mg
Glucophage SR (Metformin) 500mg
Glucophage SR (Metformin) 750mg
Glucophage (Metformin) 750mg
Glucophage (Metformin) 850mg
Glucophage (Metformin) 1000mg
Glucophage SR (Metformin) 1000mg
Glucophage XR (Metformin) 1000mg
Glucophage or Generic Metformin Uses, Dosage & Side effects
Glucophage is an effective oral anti-diabetic medicine generally prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It helps to control blood sugar levels. Most of the people in this world are suffering from a disorder called diabetes. Any sugar levels higher than normal are unhealthy. Thus it is important to maintain your sugar levels to normal. Apart from diabetes, it can also be used in obesity and Hyperlipoproteinaemia. It is known for its quick and easy action against raised blood sugar and thus gives your patient a sigh of relief from irritating symptoms of diabetes.
How do Metformin works?
Metformin helps to increase insulin resistance i.e. makes your body more susceptible to the insulin that you naturally produce.
• Adult: Initially, 40-80 mg daily gradually increased to 320 mg daily if necessary.
• Doses greater than 160 mg daily may be given in 2 divided doses.
• For modified release tab: Initially, 30 mg once daily, may increase up to 120 mg daily.
The overdosing of this drug should be avoided because it can produce some serious sign and symptoms mentioned below:
• Symptoms: Increased risk of low blood sugar level; swelling or joint pain.
• Management: Immediately consult your physician and get medical help from your nearest hospital.
In case of missed dose:
Take the missed dose the moment you remember to take it. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for the next dose, leave out taking the missed dose and carry on with your regular dosing plan. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed one.
What are the possible side effects of this drug?
Gastrointestinal disturbances, diarrhoea, skin reaction, vomiting, gastritis, loss of appetite, weight loss, weakness, severely low blood sugar level, are some of the common side effects of this drug.
What are the drug interactions of Glucophage?
• The additive effect of this drug with sulphonylureas
• Antagonistic effects with corticosteroids, diuretics, thyroid products, phenothiazines, oestrogens, phenytoin, nicotinic acid, oral contraceptives, sympathomimetics and calcium channel blockers.
• Beta-blockers (metoprolol, propranolol): warning signs of hypoglycaemia (such as tremor).
• Hypoglycaemic effect of Glucophage is increased by sulphonamides, aspirin, oral anticoagulants and monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
• Lactic acidosis when this drug is taken with alcohol and potentiation of hypoglycaemic effect.
• Cimetidine and furosemide may increase plasma metformin levels.
• Glucophage must not be given to the patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
• Patients with severe renal and hepatic impairment must also not take this medicine.
• Patients with diabetic ketoacidosis must also avoid the intake of Glucophage tablet.
• This medicine is not for use in pregnancy and lactation.
• If you are suffering from severe impairment of thyroid function, then you must not take this medicine.
• If you are facing the problem of cardiac failure and myocardial infarction, then also it is better to avoid taking this medication.
• If you have a history of acute or chronic metabolic acidosis with or without coma, then also avoid taking this medicine.
• Patients experiencing any stress or trauma must also stay away from the use of Glucophage tablet.
Store this drug at room temperature at 15-30oC away from the reach of children and pets. Protect it from heat, light and moisture.
Glucophage or Generic Metformin Discount Coupon
Give your loved ones this powerful packed anti-diabetic medicine and let them live their life joyfully. Order Glucophage from our Canadian pharmacy online and grab heavy discounts.