Ziac (Bisoprolol Fumarate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
Ziac (Bisoprolol Fumarate, Hydrochlorothiazide) 2.5mg/6.25mg
Ziac (Bisoprolol Fumarate, Hydrochlorothiazide) 5mg/6.25mg
Ziac or Generic Bisoprolol Uses, Dosage & Side effects
Ziac contains a unique combination of Hydrochlorothiazide and Bisoprolol. It is an imperative anti-diabetic drug, which helps to manage and overcome the symptoms of type 2 diabetes. It is a beneficial drug to balance out your sugar levels.
How does it work?
It contains a combination of Bisoprolol (biguanide) and Hydrochlorothiazide (dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor), thus it works by two mechanisms of action:
• Bisoprolol falls under the class of drugs called beta-blockers. It exerts its action by inhibiting the activity of certain natural substances in your body, including epinephrine, on the heart and blood vessels. This effect helps in lowering the heart rate, blood pressure, as well as pressure on the heart.
• Hydrochlorothiazide (dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor) is a thiazide diuretic medication. It exerts its action by removing the salts and fluid from the body. The drug works on the kidneys to produce more urine which removes extra water and salts from the body which consecutively lowers blood pressure and inflammation.
Dosage and directions for use:
“DOSE is defined as the amount of the drug that exerts its therapeutic effect at that amount.” The suggested dose of this medication is one tablet two times a day.
In case of missed dose:
If, by chance, you miss out taking a dose of this tablet, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next dosage, you may omit the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to make up for a skipped one.
In case of Overdose:
An overdose means consuming too much of a medicine (or combination of medicines) for your body to be able to cope with. The general symptoms of overdose with Ziac are:
• Symptoms: hypotension and low heartbeat, or coma.
• Management: Immediately contact your nearby emergency department before these symptoms get worse.
Commonly reported side effects:
Many side effects weaken with time, as your body adapts to the drug you are taking. If they are minor, then you may be able to put up with them to maintain your blood pressure under control. The common side effects which can occur after taking this medication involve dizziness, headache, nervousness, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, swelling on the skin. If these undesirable effects make it difficult for you to continue with your daily life, then your consultant can help.
What are the drugs that interact with Ziac?
Some of the drugs interact with Ziac; they amend the action of Ziac when they are taken in combination, these drugs may comprise:
• Antiepileptics: Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin
• Azole antifungals: Ketoconazole
• Antibiotics: Erythromycin
• Antihistaminic: Cimetidine
Some preventive measures should be followed before taking this drug:
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women must not take this drug.
• If you have a hypersensitivity to this drug or Hydrochlorothiazide or Bisoprolol, do not take Ziac.
• Ziac tablet is unsafe for a person having type 1 or insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
• Avoid taking this drug if you have liver or renal problems.
• If you ever had or have any liver or kidney disease, do not take this drug.
• If you are addicted to liquor, then also stay away from the use of Ziac tablet. Avoid intake of alcohol while taking this drug.
• If you have a history of heart disorders like stroke or heart attack, then this combination of medicine is not safe for you.
Store Ziac tablet away from heat, light, and moisture and keep it out of reach of children.
Coupon: Order Ziac from our Canadian Pharmacy online and get benefits from our huge discount coupons and deals.