Xopenex (Levalbuterol) is used to prevent and treat wheezing and shortness of breath caused by breathing problems (such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). It provides quick relief. Xopenex is a member of the pharmaceutical class known as bronchodilators.
It works by relaxing the muscles that enclose the airways, enabling them to open and permit simpler breathing. Taking care of breathing-related problems helps minimize time lost from work or school.
*Product images are for reference use only
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why is Xopenex HFA prescribed?
Xopenex HFA is a member of the bronchodilator drug class and is recommended for the treatment or prevention of bronchospasm in adults, teenagers, and kids 4 years of age and older with reversible obstructive airway disease.
The active ingredient in Xopenex HFA is Levalbuterol Tartrate, which is the Right (R)-Enantiomer of Albuterol.
Uses of Xopenex HFA:
It is used:
- To prevent and treat wheezing and shortness of breath
- On breathing issues such as asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Side Effects of Xopenex HFA:
Some common side effects of Xopenex HFA include:
- Congestion and a sore throat
- Irregular heartbeats, pressure, or soreness in the chest
- Pain in the body
If you have any of the following symptoms of an allergic response to Xopenex like hives; difficulty breathing; or swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, get emergency medical attention.
If you experience any of the following, following the use of this medication like wheezing, choking, or other breathing issues heartbeats that are racing or fluttering asthma symptoms getting worse; or Leg cramps, constipation, fluttering in the chest, severe thirst, increased urination, numbness or tingling, muscle weakness, or a limp appearance do consult your doctor.
Xopenex HFA Dosage:
Adhere to all guidelines provided on your prescription label. Use of this medication beyond the specified range or for longer than advised is not advised.
For adults and children aged 4 years and older, the recommended dosage of Xopenex HFA is two inhalations (90 mcg of levalbuterol-free base) repeated every 4 to 6 hours. However, in certain individuals, one inhalation (45 mcg of levalbuterol-free base) every 4 hours may be adequate. It is not typically advised to provide medication more frequently or administer it via more inhalations.
Reevaluating the patient and the treatment plan is necessary if a previously effective dose regimen fails to produce the expected result.
How to use Xopenex HFA?
- Before using the inhaler for the first time, prime it. Pump four test sprays In the air, away from your face.
- Before each spray, shake the inhaler for at least five seconds. Whenever the inhaler has not been used for more than three days, prime it once again.
- Before each spray, give the canister a thorough shake.
- The inhaler's mouthpiece should be uncapped. Exhale completely. Lips closed, insert the mouthpiece into your mouth.
- Take a deep breath and push down the inhaler canister gently. Breathe in for ten seconds, then gently exhale.
- If you use more than one inhalation at once, shake the inhaler once more and wait at least a minute between each inhalation.
- Keep your inhaler dry and spotless.
- Always store it with the mouthpiece cap on.
- Once a week, clean your inhaler by taking the canister off and pouring warm water through the mouthpiece for at least 30 seconds. Before putting the inhaler back together, shake off any extra water and let the components completely dry by air.
Drug Interactions of Xopenex HFA:
Xoponex also known as Levalbuterol may interact with other medications, such as prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, vitamins, and herbal remedies.
Inform your doctor of all prescription and over-the-counter medications, including:
- If any MAO inhibitors medication like Isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine have been used during the last 14 days.
- Any further asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) medications administered via inhalation.
- Antidepressant or Mood enhancer
- A diuretic also called a "Water Pill".
- Pharmaceuticals used to treat heart disease.
Xopenex HFA Precautions:
- You should not use Xopenex HFA. (Accuneb, ProAir, Proventil, Ventolin) if you have a levalbuterol or an albuterol allergy.
- Inform your doctor of any of the conditions like cardiovascular disease, hypertension, congestive heart failure, a seizure condition, such as diabetes, or a thyroid condition to ensure that levalbuterol is safe for you.
- A youngster under the age of four should not be given a levalbuterol inhaler. A youngster under the age of six should not be administered levalbuterol solution in a nebulizer.
- You can feel dizzy while taking this medication. Avoid operating machinery, driving, or doing anything else which requires alertness until you are sure to handle it. Limit your alcohol consumption.
- This drug should only be taken during pregnancy if necessary.
Safety and Storage:
- Keep the mouthpiece of the levalbuterol inhaler down when storing it.
- Keep the inhaler at room temperature and out of the sun, heat, and extreme cold. Inhalers with dose number indicators should be disposed of when the number reads "0" to indicate that all sprays have been utilized.
- Avoid exposing the inhaler canister to open flames or intense heat, such as in a hot automobile. If the canister heats up too much, it can explode. An empty inhaler canister should never be burned or punctured.
Xopenex HFA Cost:
Levalbuterol, the active ingredient in Xopenex HFA, belongs to a group of medications known as adrenergic bronchodilators. It is frequently prescribed for asthma, both acute and maintenance cases.Depending on the drugstore you go to, Xopenex HFA inhalation aerosol (45 mcg/inh) costs about $81 for a supply of 15 grams.
The Xopenex HFA price varies on various factors and it can be easily accessed for n average of $65 for a 1, 15gm, 45mcg/act inhaler, at some authorized online pharmacy stores as compared to the regular cash price of $93.27 for a 1, 15gm, 45mcg/act aerosol of Xopenex Hfa at any local pharmacy store.
Xopenex HFA is conveniently available from OffshoreCheapMeds. It is a trustworthy online pharmacy that offers its services 24X7. OffshoreCheapMeds offers branded and generic medicine at a significantly lower price at your doorstep saving you time, money, and energy.
How to lower long term Xopenex HFA Cost?
Some of the highest Xopenex HFA prices in the world are found in the United States. Even with medical insurance and copay, people in the USA still face the problem of high medication costs. The reasons for this problem are complex and multi-faceted, but there are a few key factors that contribute to the high Xopenex HFA cost.
One of the biggest factors contributing to the high cost of medications such as Xopenex HFA in the US is the lack of price regulation. In most other developed countries, the government negotiates with pharmaceutical companies to set the price of medications. In the US, however, drug prices are set by the pharmaceutical companies themselves. This means that they can charge whatever price they want for their drugs, regardless of how much it costs to produce or how much it is sold in other countries.
Additionally, the lack of transparency in drug pricing is another major factor contributing to the high Xopenex HFA price in the US. Patients are often not aware of how much medication costs until they receive the bill. This can lead to unexpected costs that people may not be able to afford. Even with medical insurance and copay, patients may still have to pay a significant amount out of pocket.
OffshoreCheapMeds can provide Xopenex HFA cost that is often lower than what people pay even with insurance and copay. We achieve this by sourcing medications from Certified and Reputable pharmacies, having partnerships with licensed pharmacies and distributors, operating online to keep overhead costs low, negotiating lower prices with manufacturers, and offering generic versions of medications so you can buy Xopenex HFA online at the lowest possible price.
How does Xopenex HFA work?
Xopenex HFA is a short-acting bronchodilator that relaxes muscles and airways and provides immediate relief for troubled breathing problems.
What to do if you miss a dose of Xopenex HFA?
Try to take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. To make up for a missed dose, do not take more medication.
What if you overdose on Xopenex HFA?
Chest pain, rapid, pounding, irregular heartbeat, headache, tremors, agitation, weakness, extreme disorientation, and seizures are all possible overdose symptoms. Call 911 if someone has overdosed and is exhibiting significant symptoms like fainting out or difficulty breathing. If not, immediately dial a poison control hotline.
Which is better Albuterol or Xopenex?
Levalbuterol, the active ingredient in Xopenex, is preferable to albuterol in that it does not increase heart rate like albuterol, but the cost is a Major drawback and may be the reason Medicare will not utilize it.
How safe is Xopenex?
The safety and efficacy of Xopenex Inhalation Solution have been established in clinical trials. It is a better option than the similar medication Albuterol as it does not increase heart rate.
How often do you use the Xopenex inhaler safely?
Xopenex HFA inhalers should be used as prescribed by your doctor. It can be used repeatedly every 4-6 hours.
How to Buy Xopenex (Levalbuterol) online?
People can buy Xopenex (Levalbuterol) by calling Offshore Pharmacy customer support, or by placing an online order at offshorecheapmeds.com. In addition, customer support is backed by a chat feature. For extra information, search on the "How to Order" page on offshorecheapmeds.com.
Is it possible to Get Xopenex (Levalbuterol) Online?
Yes, licensed medical practitioners may recommend Xopenex (Levalbuterol) online after a medical assessment. Patients can discuss with their online doctors to understand the disease/disorder and then the doctor will provide a prescription for the medication accordingly. Then, you can share the Rx with us via email, fax or upload the prescription to a licensed online Canadian pharmacy.
Is there a need for a prescription for Xopenex (Levalbuterol)?
Xopenex (Levalbuterol) is a drug that is sold only with a prescription provided by doctor. While processing the order for Xopenex (Levalbuterol), it is essential to get a valid prescription from the concerned doctor. The prescription may be scanned, emailed, or uploaded at Offshore Cheap Meds. Otherwise, we at Offshore Cheap Meds can also contact the concerned doctor to obtain a valid prescription.
How much amount can be ordered of Xopenex (Levalbuterol)?
The maximum quantity of Xopenex that can be ordered online at a time is a 90-day supply. The quantity depends upon the directions and amount stated on the medical prescription. Refilling alternatives also come for future requirements.
Getting an order of Xopenex (Levalbuterol) online from Offshore Cheap Meds
Offshore Cheap Meds is a totally safe and secure way to order medications online. It works similarly to any other traditional pharmacy. Offshore Cheap Meds aims at serving safe and affordable prescription medication to people. You just only need to have your prescription from a licensed doctor.
Are there any coupons for Xopenex (Levalbuterol)?
Yes, Offshore Cheap Meds offer a coupon for Xopenex (Levalbuterol) with an additional discount to help people save money on medicines. Using the coupon code mentioned on the website, people can save several dollars on their medication. People must take care of the minimum order value. They can use the coupon at checkout to attain swift discounts, hence, they can pay less for their prescription.
Do Offshore Cheap Meds ship medications to the United States?
Yes. Offshore Cheap Meds deliver all around the United States of America. Once the product has been dispatched, an email notification is sent to the customer.
Is there any option for express shipping?
An express shipping alternative is obtainable. The delivery time is seven to twelve business days. People can check this alternative of Express shipping at the checkout page while processing the medication order.
How to refill a prescription?
Offshore Pharmacy make it easy to refill a particular medicine. By going to the reorder section of My Account tab, a person can easily put a refill alternative available online. For ordering a refill, call us or chat with customer support. Also, this live chat feature is one of the convenient ways to reach us while doing a refill order.
Is there any option of auto-refilling the prescriptions?
Offshore Cheap Meds does not automatically refill prescriptions. As it can be the case where a person no longer requires similar medication or the concerned doctor might go for dose adjustments or other factors. Yet, there is a refill reminder service available with us.