Requip (Ropinirole) 0.5mg
Requip (Ropinirole) 0.25mg
Requip (Ropinirole) 1mg
Requip (Ropinirole) 2mg
Requip (Ropinirole) 4mg
Requip (Ropinirole) 8mg
Requip or Generic Ropinirole Uses, Dosage & Side effects
Requip is the trade name for medication, Ropinirole. It is indicated in the reduction of symptoms of Parkinson’s disease in adults.
How does Requip work?
Ropinirole is a dopamine agonist that acts by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain which in turn activates the nerve impulses in the brain that assist to regulate body movements. Dopamine is one of the major neurotransmitters in the brain as well as other body parts. In your brain, dopamine takes care of sending signals between a structure in your midbrain, known as the substantia nigra which plays a key role in reward and movement, as well as other areas of your brain. The loss of dopamine gives rise to the signs of Parkinson’s, as a result when patients start to take Requip, their levels of dopamine get escalated and they are able to walk steadier and safer as well as the tremors are calmed down. This permits those with Parkinson’s to continue with their everyday schedule without the aggravation of not being to eat without spilling or walk without faltering.
How to use Requip?
Ropinirole is an immediate-release medication that will dissolve rapidly and travel in your bloodstream to your brain. The medicine must be used only as per the directions by your doctor. Take this tablet by mouth before or after food, and must be taken at the same time each day. This medicine must be taken with a full glass of water. Swallow Requip tablet as such without breaking or crushing. Continue to take the medication even if you feel well. Avoid skipping any dose.
What to do in case of a missed dose?
If you miss a dose of Requip, you can consume it as soon as possible. If it is nearly the time for your subsequent dose, you can leave the dose you missed and go back to your normal dosing plan. Do not take two doses at once.
Do not abruptly discontinue the use of Requip without discussing it with your physician. Side effects may take place. They may comprise nausea, vomiting, sedation, confusion, headache, constipation, lack of sleep, mental or mood alterations, hallucinations, sleeping problems, or tiredness.
Inform your physician if you plan on taking Requip tablet while taking any of the following drugs:
• Other drugs that make you drowsy or hazy such as Opioid analgesics
• Muscle relaxants such as carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine
• Antihistamines (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine)
• Medications for sleep or anxiety (such as alprazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem)
• Marijuana or Cannabis
What are the safety measures to be implemented while taking Requip tablet?
• Do not use the Requip tablet if you are allergic to Ropinirole or to any of the constituents in the medication.
• Patients with high or low blood pressure (a fall in blood pressure on standing up) must also avoid the use of this drug.
• If you have mental/mood disorders (e.g., confusion, hallucinations, psychoses, schizophrenia), then also Requip is not safe for you.
• If you have a habit of consuming alcohol, then do not use this drug.
• If you have an issue of sleep disorder (e.g., sleep apnea, narcolepsy), then also avoid the intake of this medication.