Mysoline, a brand-name version of Primidone, is available by prescription in tablet and capsule form in different strengths. Mysoline is a barbiturate medication that is used to treat partial and generalized seizures, as well as essential tremors. You can save on brand name and generic Mysoline by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Mysoline (Primidone) 250mg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why Mysoline is prescribed?
Mysoline is the trade name for medicine, Primidone. Mysoline belongs to the class of barbiturate anticonvulsants used in the treatment of epilepsy, grand mal, psychomotor, as well as focal epileptic seizures.
Mysoline is composed of an active constituent named, Primidone which turns into phenobarbital and phenylethylmalonamide (PEMA) during its metabolism. The medication works by reducing irregular electrical activity in the brain.
How to use Mysoline?
Mysoline must be taken two or four times a day. Follow all the suggestions of your healthcare provider, do not modify its dose and do not stop treatment without his or her consent. Do not go beyond the advised dose.
What if I miss the dose of medicine?
If you forget to take your daily medication dose, just take it the moment you remember and then consume the subsequent dose at a proper time, but do not consume a double dose if you have totally missed taking one dose. Do not increase your suggested dose. Take your general dose as suggested the very next day at the same regular time.
What are the side effects Mysoline?
Adverse effects of Mysoline include allergic reactions like rash, irritation, facial inflammation, breathing difficulty, dizziness. Mysoline may also result in ill-effects such as stomach upset, awkwardness, loss of appetite, or weakness. If the side effects stated above become worse or troublesome, call your doctor without delay. Other side effects may involve double vision, sore throat, skin, seizures, fever, as well as a rash.
What are the safety/warnings/precautions for Mysoline?
- Avoid the intake of alcohol and other depressants of the central nervous system while making use of Mysoline as chances of dizziness and drowsiness may increase.
- Mysoline is not prescribed to patients who are allergic to Primidone.
- Patients with liver or kidney disorders must avoid the use of this drug.
- This drug is not for patients suffering from lung disease.
- This drug may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts. Let your physician know if you experience mood or behavioral changes, anxiety, or depression, or if you feel hyperactive (mentally or physically), nervous, hostile, impatient.
- Pregnant and breast-feeding mothers should avoid the intake of this drug.
- Do not unexpectedly stop the treatment with this medication without proper consent of your doctor as it may result in status epilepticus.
- Mysoline must not be used in the patients with porphyria, or hypersensitivity to primidone or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton).
What are the possible drug interactions?
Mysoline is found to interact with the following medications:
- other seizure drugs
- certain antihistamines (diphenhydramine)
- heart medicines such as digoxin
- medication for depression
- immunosuppressive drugs such as cyclosporine
- opioid pain medicines (codeine)
- anticoagulants such as warfarin
- muscle relaxants
Is there a Generic Mysoline available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Mysoline: Primidone is available.
Can I buy Mysoline without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Primidone Discount Coupon and Saving Tips
We have exclusive Prescription Coupon for Primidone that can be used at checkout to get exclusive discount on Mysoline prescription, If you any problem on placing order with us, Kindly use Live chat feature or call +1 888 414 6679.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.