Dostinex, a brand-name version of Cabergoline, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Dostinex is a dopaminergic medication used in the treatment of high prolactin levels, prolactinomas, Parkinson's disease, and for other indications. You can save on brand name and generic Dostinex by filling prescriptions online at our Online Pharmacy.
Dostinex (Cabergoline) 0.5mg
Dostinex (Cabergoline) 0.25mg
Dostinex (Cabergoline) 1mg
Dostinex (Cabergoline) 2mg
Dostinex or Generic Cabergoline Uses, Dosage & Side effects
Dostinex (Generic Cabergoline) is useful in treating high levels of prolactin hormone in your body. When levels of this hormone rise in females, it may bring about signs and symptoms like unnecessary breast milk and missed menstrual cycles and may result in troubles during pregnancy. Dostinex is an ergot type of drug and exerts its activity by inhibiting the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland. Dostinex belongs to a class of medications known as Dopamine receptor agonists. Dostinex exerts its action by decreasing the secretion of prolactin from the pituitary gland.
How to use Cabergoline?
Take this medication via oral route with or without food, regularly two times in a week or as suggested by your physician. The dosage depends upon the patient’s medical condition (prolactin levels) and response to treatment. It is recommended to take the Dostinex tablet on a regular basis to obtain maximum benefit from it. To help you memorize not missing any dose, you must mark the days on the calendar when you require taking the drug.
The overdosing of the Dostinex tablet must be avoided as it might result in some serious signs and symptoms. In case of an accidental overdose, inform your physician and get immediate medical help from your nearest hospital.
In case of missed dose:
Avoid the state of panic if you have missed a dose of Dostinex tablet. As an alternative, skip out the missed dose and consume your subsequent dose at the planned time. Avoid doubling up or consuming more than what your physician has prescribed.
What are the possible side effects of this drug?
Nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, shortness of breath, stomach upset, light-headedness, swelling ankles/feet, fainting may occur while taking this medicine. If any of these side effects continue or get worse, tell your physician or pharmacist on time.
What are the drug interactions of Dostinex?
Some medicines that may interact with Dostinex include Metoclopramide, Prochlorperazine, azole antifungals (Ketoconazole or Itraconazole), antibiotics such as Erythromycin and antipsychotic medications (such as Chlorpromazine, Thiothixene, and Haloperidol).
• Dostinex makes leads to feelings of dizziness or light-headedness. Thus, avoid driving or performing any heavy physical activity like lifting heavy objects that require alertness until you are certain you can perform such activities securely. Also, limit the intake of alcoholic beverages along with this medication.
• During pregnancy, this medication must be used only as per requirement, without a doubt.
• To decrease the risk of light-headedness or faintness, you should get up gradually when rising from a lying or sitting position.
• Lactation while using Dostinex is not allowed, thus female must necessarily consult her doctor before breast-feeding her child.
• Dostinex tablets must not be taken if you experience hypersensitivity reactions towards Cabergoline or ergot medications such as Ergotamine.
• Patients with a history of liver or kidney disorders must also not consume this medication.
• If you have a history of certain heart diseases such as high blood pressure, irregular scarring of the heart and any heart valve disorder; then also it is better to avoid the use of Dostinex as it is not safe in these medical conditions.
Dostinex (Cabergoline) Discount coupon
Order Dostinex from our Canadian Pharmacy online and get benefits from our huge discount coupons and deals.
Store Dostinex tablets at room temperature at 15-30oC away from the reach of children and pets. Protect the medication from excessive heat, light, and moisture.