Avapro, a brand-name version of Irbesartan, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Avapro is a medication used to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, and diabetic kidney disease. It is a reasonable initial treatment for high blood pressure. You can save on brand name and generic Avapro by filling prescriptions online at our Online Pharmacy.
Avapro (Irbesartan) 75mg
Avapro (Irbesartan) 150mg
Avapro (Irbesartan) 300mg
Avapro or Generic Irbesartan Uses, Dosage & Side effects
Avapro is the trade name for medicine, Irbesartan. It is an antihypertensive drug that works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus lowering the blood pressure.
What is the mechanism of action of Avapro tablet?
Avapro is specifically prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure. Hypertension itself does not cause symptoms but if it is not treated on time, it may lead to problems caused by the narrowing of blood vessels (atherosclerosis). It may also lead to complications such as irregular heartbeat, myocardial infarction, and heart failure. It is a serious medical condition that generally happens when the flow of blood pumping through the arteries is very strong. Avapro is an exceptional antihypertensive medication which not only cures high blood pressure but also prevents other heart complications. Irbesartan blocks the action of Angiotensin II responsible for the narrowing of the blood vessels. Thus, it causes the widening of blood vessels and the lowering of the blood pressure.
How to take Avapro?
Consult your doctor or physician for the exact dose and duration. The suggested dose of this medication is one tablet on a daily basis, with or without food.
In case you miss out a dose of Avapro tablet, take it the moment it is possible, but skip out the missed dose if it is almost the time for your next dose. Avoid taking two doses at the same time.
What are the side effects associated with Avapro?
The side effects are the negative effects of drug or medical treatment. The common side effects which can occur after taking this medicine are:
• Trouble breathing
• High potassium levels in the blood
• Unusual change in the amount of urine
• Serious allergic reaction
• Severe dizziness
If these undesirable effects make it difficult for you to continue with your daily life, then your consultant can help.
What are the drug interactions associated with the Avapro tablet?
The drug interaction is a condition in which one drug increases or decreases the activity of another drug when both are administered together. This medicine interacts with these drugs:
• NSAIDs: Ibuprofen, Naproxen
• ACE Inhibitors: Benazepril, Lisinopril
• Birth control pills: Drospirenone
Read these precautions carefully before taking this medicine:
• Avoid taking this medication if you have a medical history of liver disease.
• Do not take the Avapro tablet if you have a problem with the loss of too much water/ minerals.
• Also, avoid the use of this medicine in case you have an issue of bile duct blockage.
• Inform your doctor or physician in case of prolonged vomiting or diarrhea prior to the intake of the Avapro tablet.
• Also do not take this drug if you are allergic to Irbesartan or any of the excipient.
• Also do not breastfeed your child if you are taking this medicine.