Aldactone, a brand-name version of Spironolactone, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Aldactone is a medication that is primarily used to treat fluid build-up due to heart failure, liver scarring, or kidney disease. You can save on brand name and generic Aldactone by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Aldactone (Spironolactone) 25mg
Aldactone (Spironolactone) 50mg
Aldactone (Spironolactone) 100mg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why Aldactone is prescribed?
Aldactone is a trade name for medicine, Spironolactone. It is a diuretic indicated in the treatment of fluid retention (oedema) in patients with cardiac disorders i.e. high blood pressure (hypertension), liver or a kidney disorder. It does so by preventing the absorption of excessive salt.
Spironolactone falls under the class of drugs called potassium-sparing diuretics. The medicine is known to work by inhibiting your body from absorbing excess salts and prevents the potassium levels from getting too low.
How to use Aldactone?
Take Aldactoe tablet orally with or without food, typically one time in a day (best when taken early in the day). The dosage of this medication depends on your medical situation as well as your response to therapy.
What if I miss the dose of medicine?
In case of missed dose of Aldactone, take it the moment it is possible, but skip out the missed dose if it is almost the time for your next dose. Never take two doses at one time.
What are the side effects Aldactone?
Side effects of Aldactone include headache, dizziness, light-headedness, loss of appetite, blurred vision, stomach upset, constipation or diarrhea that may occur as your body regulates to the drug. If any of these effects worsen or persist, inform your doctor on time.
What are the safety/warnings/precautions for Aldactone?
- Aldactone must not be taken by a patient with low blood pressure.
- Never stop the consumption of Aldactone without contacting your doctor. A few conditions may get worse when you sharply stop the drug. Few people who have abruptly stopped the intake of similar drugs have had chest pain, heart attack, as well as irregular heartbeat.
- Also, refrain from the use of this medicine in case you have renal problems such as kidney failure.
- If you experience heart conditions such as cardiac arrhythmia, then avoid the use of Aldactone.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding females must not take this medicine as it is not safe for the newborn baby.
- In case you are allergic to Spironolactone, or any of the other constituents in Aldactone tablet, then also this medicine is not safe for your use.
- Aldactone may lead to too much loss of body water and minerals (such as potassium). Thus you must keep tight monitoring on your glucose, electrolyte balance, lipids, uric acid, creatinine regularly.
- This drug may make you more susceptible to sun exposure. Thus you are advised to minimize prolonged exposure to the sun. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing while going out.
What are the possible drug interactions?
Certain drugs are not safe if these are taken with Aldactone. Taking them together can cause bad undesirable effects. Spironolactone should not be taken with medications such as:
Is there a Generic Aldactone available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Aldactone: Spironolactone is available.
Can I buy Aldactone without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and storage?
Store at room temperature away from the heat and moisture. Keep it tightly closed and out of reach of children and pets.
Spironolactone Discount Coupon and Saving Tips
We have exclusive Prescription Coupon for Spironolactone that can be used at checkout to get exclusive discount on Aldactone prescription, If you any problem on placing order with us, Kindly use Live chat feature or call +1 888 414 6679.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.