How to Buy Prescription Drugs Online: Why Americans Need a Safer Access to Drugs?
Americans need safer access to prescription medication
Worried you are buying illegitimate medicines over the internet? Here is how you can avoid falling prey to online pharmacy scams…
Buying safe prescription drugs online is harder than booking a cheap, last-minute airline ticket. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), around 50% of medicines sold online are counterfeit; many of them contain boric acid or lead, which are extremely dangerous to health. Following a series of drug scams in the last few years, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has found that just 3% of online pharmacies sell safe and legal medicines to American customers online (Source: ABC News).
Did you know that the Internet is full of Black Holes?
The NABP (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy) monitored over 8,300 pharmacies in July 2011. (Source: Consumer Report) They found that nearly 97% of drug stores that sell prescription drugs to customers in the United States are shady because:
- 2,878 of them are located in some other country but have servers located in different countries
- 3,687 of them sell drugs that are not approved by the FDA
- 6,812 of them do not ask for a valid prescription and
- 2,100 of them are located outside the US (Global pharmacies having manufacturing units in Canada or other parts of the world and owning the license to supply drugs worldwide, including the US are not a part of this list. You can trust them if they provide you genuine info regarding their accreditation.)
Being a smart buyer, you must locate and buy drugs from this 3%. It’s challenging, but not impossible if you keep these safety tips in your mind.
5 Ways to Verify the Legitimacy of an Online Pharmacy
- Check the website of any national or state pharmacy board to verify the certification of your chosen drug store. A genuine pharmacy is licensed to sell Rx drugs online. It will readily provide customers with their accreditation details, upon request.
- Visit the website of authentic bodies, such as PharmacyChecker and edrugsearch.com that monitor online pharmacies for licensure and pharmaceutical activities. These bodies have set certain pharmacy standards for sellers to comply with. They regularly audit the corporate offices, warehouses, and selling points of various drug stores to validate the genuineness of their procedures.
- Increase brand awareness. Big and reputed pharmacies don’t only have an active website, but they are also active on social networks to update customers about recent happenings. Check their social profiles and activities to see if the pharmacy chosen by you has a solid brand value in the market.
- Look for ratings on genuine review websites like resellerratings.com, trustpilot.com, trustedcompany.com, phrmreviews.com, canadianplanet.net, repdigger.com, Google reviews, and oph.reviews. These sources display reviews by authentic buyers and conduct a thorough background check to verify the details furnished by online pharmacies.
- Search ScamAdvisor to check domain registration details and the incoming traffic rate of the website. They check the background activity of different websites and verify their vendor details, location, site value, and origin.
Here are some red flags that you need to look for in order to escape an online pharmacy scam.
What Phony Pharmacies Do?
- Don’t ask for a prescription by a licensed health provider
- Don’t have a pharmacist or doctor to answer your questions
- Provide fake details on their website
- Offer unbelievingly low prices
- Sell drugs that don’t contain the right quantity of an active ingredient or contain harmful ingredients in them
What Legitimate Pharmacies Do Apart from Following the Aforementioned Points?
- Focus on brand awareness and brand value
- Provide the authentic location and contact details
- Sell only FDA approved drugs
- Offer licensed pharmacist support
- Comply with the standard privacy guidelines
- Supply information on drug interaction, usage, side effects, etc.
- Have a safe and sound packaging and distribution channel
- Run reasonable offers and discounts for clients
As a buyer, you need to keep these safety tips in mind before purchasing drugs online. You can safely purchase drugs from international pharmacies that supply medicines worldwide and follow global standards for drug distribution.
Offshore Cheap Meds is a Canadian pharmacy with distribution points located in multiple locations. It provides global customers access to generic and brand medicines at affordable prices. Availability of a licensed pharmacist for offering drug advice, a detailed account on medicines, and world-class 24/7 customer service make it a trusted and reputed global pharmacy.