Stromectol, a brand-name version of Ivermectin, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Stromectol is a medication used to treat many types of parasite infestations. In humans, this includes head lice, scabies, river blindness, strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis. In veterinary medicine, it is used to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis, among other indications. You can save on brand name and generic Stromectol by filling prescriptions online at our Online Pharmacy.
Stromectol (Ivermectin) 1%
Stromectol (Ivermectin) 3mg
Stromectol (Ivermectin) 6mg
Stromectol (Ivermectin) 12mg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
What is the cost of Ivermectin?
|Brand Stromectol 3mg from Canada||40 Tablets||$ 505.07 ($12.63/Pill)|
|Generic Ivermectin 6mg from India||36 Tablets||$ 52.62 ($1.46/Pill)|
|Generic Ivermectin 12mg from India||36 Tablets||$ 78.89 ($2.19/Pill)|
Why is Stromectol (Ivermectin) prescribed?
Stromectol is prescribed to treat parasitic diseases caused by roundworms. It contains the active ingredient ivermectin and belongs to a class of antiparasitic drugs called anthelmintics. Stromectol works by causing paralysis and the death of parasites.
The safety and effectiveness of Stromectol in patients weighing less than 15 kg are not known.
Benefits and uses of Stromectol
Stromectol is used alone or with other medications to treat the following infections.
Parasitic infection in the intestine called intestinal strongyloidiasis
It is caused by the roundworm parasite Strongyloides stercoralis. The infection can cause symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, cough, hives, and skin rash.
River blindness or Onchocerciasis
It is caused due to the parasitic worm called Onchocerca volvulus. It causes symptoms such as skin rashes, itching, bumps under the skin, eye infections, vision changes, and blindness. Stromectol does not work effectively against adult Onchocerca worms.
Side Effects of Stromectol
Patients taking Stromectol may have common side effects, including:
- muscle and joint pain
- abdominal pain
- diarrhea or constipation
- nausea and vomiting
- skin rash and itching
Stromectol may also cause adverse side effects, including:
- low blood pressure
- dizziness, vertigo
- confusion, balance problems, difficulty standing or walking
- eye pain, redness, vision problems
- worsening of lungs condition
- allergic reactions such as rash, itching, hives, swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, and difficulty breathing
Talk to your doctor immediately if you notice any side effects of Stromectol that bother you or do not go away.
How to take Stromectol?
Stromectol comes as tablets in 3 mg strength. The dose of the medicine depends on the age, weight, and medical condition of the patients.
The recommended dosage of Stromectol
- 200 μg Stromectol per kg body weight taken as a single dose for the treatment of strongyloidiasis.
- 150 μg Stromectol per kg body weight taken as a single dose for the treatment of onchocerciasis.
Patients are advised to take the tablet orally with a glass of water on an empty stomach (at least 1 hour before a meal). Take the tablets regularly at the same time every day for maximum benefits. If you forget a dose of Stromectol, take the dose as soon as possible. But do not take 2 tablets at the same time. Never change your dose or stop taking the tablets without consulting your doctor. If you have accidentally taken too much Stromectol, call your doctor or go to your nearest hospital immediately.
Stromectol may interact with other medicines which can change the efficacy of the drugs and increase the risk of severe side effects. Before starting the tablets, tell your doctor about all your prescription and nonprescription medicines, including:
- diethylcarbamazine citrate (DEC)
- barbiturates such as phenobarbital
- benzodiazepines such as clonazepam
- sodium oxybate
- drugs for epilepsy, bipolar disorder, and migraine headaches.
- People allergic to Ivermectin or other ingredients of Stromectol should not take medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have had liver problems, African eye worm (Loiasis), or other medical conditions.
- Patients who have traveled or lived in Loa loa endemic areas of West or Central Africa should be monitored carefully during and after Stromectol treatment.
- Talk to your doctor about the safety of Stromectol if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Patients with weakened immune systems (including HIV) may require repeated courses of Stromectol to treat intestinal strongyloidiasis.
- Patients infected with adult Onchocerca parasites may require repeated follow-up and Stromectol retreatment. Doctors may also suggest surgical excision of skin nodules to remove adult parasites.
- Patients need repetitive stool examination to check clearance of worm infection.
Is there a Generic Stromectol available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Stromectol is Ivermectin.
Can I buy Stromectol without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Is there any Stromectol Coupon available?
Yes, You can save upto 80% on generic and brand Stromectol using our prescription coupons.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.