Restasis, a brand-name version of Cyclosporine, is available by prescription in Vails form in different strengths. Restasis is a calcineurin inhibitor, used as an immunosuppressant medication. It is a natural product. You can save on brand name and generic Restasis by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Restasis (Cyclosporine) 0.05%
Why is Restasis prescribed?
Restasis is an eye drop to treat chronic dry eyes. It contains cyclosporine which is an immunosuppressant. Restasis increases tear production in eyes that have gone dry due to chronic inflammation.
How should Restasis medicine be used?
Restasis is used to treat chronic dry eyes. These eye drops increase the amount of tears produced by your eyes. The chronic inflammation in your eyes makes them dry and irritable. Restasis eye drops promotes tear production and keeps your eyes moist. Do not touch the tip of the bottle or the vial. Do not let the dropper touch any surface including your hands and eyes. Keep the tip of the dropper as sterile as possible. On being contaminated, it can cause severe infections of the eyes. Avoid using these eye drops while wearing your lenses.
What if I miss the dose of Restasis?
If you miss a dose, take the dose as soon as you remember, but do not take two doses close together. If you overdose on Restasis, and experience symptoms like breathing issues, unconsciousness, etc. immediately seek medical help at 911 (National poison control center).
What are the side effects of Restasis ?
Common side effects that may occur due to Restasis are:
- Mild eye pain
- Redness of eyes
- Irritation of eyes
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Foreign body sensation in the eyes
- Itching in the eyes
- Stinging and burning of eyes
- Discharge from the eyes
- Eye infection usually occurs when the tip of the vial or bottle gets contaminated and passes the infection to the eye. Symptoms are redness of the eye, foreign body sensation in the eye, thick discharge from the eye
- Eye injury usually occurs if you forcefully touch your eye with the tip of the vial or bottle. Symptoms are irritation in the eye, redness, blurred vision, bloody discharge in the clear layer that overlays your eye.
- Stinging or burning after using the eye drops
- Severe eye pain
Restasis is known to interact with the following drugs:
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Varicella-Zoster vaccine
- Measles vaccine
- Rubella vaccine
Do not use this drug if:
- You are allergic to cyclosporine
- You are breastfeeding
- You are younger than 16 years of age
- You are going to drive
- You need to perform activities that require clear vision
Is Generic available for Restasis?
No. There is currently no therapeutically equivalent version of Restasis available in the United States.
Can I buy Restasis without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and storage?
- Store the eye drops at 15-25 °C.
- Store the medicine in a cool, dark, dry place away from heat, light, and moisture.
- Do not store this medicine in the bathroom.
- Do not freeze the drops.
- Do not refrigerate this medicine.
- Keep the bottle or vial tightly closed when not in use.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.