Lumigan, a brand-name version of Bimatoprost, is available by prescription in different strengths. Lumigan is a medication used to treat high pressure inside the eye including glaucoma. Specifically it is used for open-angle glaucoma when other agents are not sufficient. You can save on brand name and generic Lumigan by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Lumigan (Bimatoprost) 0.01%
Lumigan (Bimatoprost) 0.03%
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why Lumigan is prescribed?
Lumigan is an eye drop used to lower the pressure in your eyes. It works by increasing the amount of fluid drained from your eye. Lumigan contains bimatoprost that belongs to the drug class of ophthalmic glaucoma agents.
How to use Lumigan?
- Use Lumigan eye drops as advised by your physician.
- Do not use this medicine while using soft contact lenses.
- Tilt your head back and pull down your lower eye lid. This will create a small pocket. Hold the eye dropper above your eye. Squeeze a drop into the pocket.
- Close your eyes for a few minutes with your head down. Do not blink or squint.
- Wait for 5 minutes before you use any other eye drop.
- Do not use this medicine if you have any injury or infection.
Uses and Benefits of Lumigan
Lumigan eye drops are used in the treatment of eye ailments. It is used to treat glaucoma and other conditions that increase the pressure inside your eyes.
Tips to follow while using this medicine -
- Do not use these eye drops while wearing contact lenses. If you use contact lenses, wait for at least 15 minutes after using these drops.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface as it can get contaminated. This could lead to an infection in your eyes.
- Wait for 5 minutes after you use Lumigan eye drops.
- This medicine can cause a change in your eye colour or eyelashes as well as increase the thickness or growth of your eyelashes. The change occurs slowly over a few months and may be permanent.
What if I miss the dose of medicine?
Take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at one time.
What are the side effects of Lumigan?
1. The most common side effects of Lumigan are:
- Eye redness
- Itching in eyes
- Burning and stinging in eyes
- Irritation in eyes
- Sensation of foreign body in the eye
- Dry eyes
- Watering of the eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
2. Although serious side effects are rare, the following symptoms are observed:
- Brown discolouration of the iris
- Increase in thickness, length, and number of eyelashes
- Darkening of your eyelashes and eyelids
- Vision changes
- Eye pain
- Swelling in eyes
- Swelling or redness of eyelids
If you suffer from any of the above side effects, consult your physician.
What are the safety/warnings/precautions for Lumigan?
To avoid contamination, do not touch the dropper tip or let it touch your eye or any other surface. Bimatoprost contains a preservative that may stain contact lenses. If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before using your eye drops. Wait at least 15 minutes after each dose before putting your lenses back in.
What are the possible drug interactions?
Lumigan is known to interact with the following drugs -
- Eyelash treatment medicines that are topically applied
- Herbal products
- Bimatoprost topical
- Latanoprost ophthalmic
- Latanoprostene bunod ophthalmic
- Tafluprost ophthalmic
- Travoprost ophthalmic
- Unoprostone ophthalmic
If you are on any of the above medicines, consult your physician before you start using Lumigan. Inform your physician about your medical history and if you have any health conditions like swelling or infection in your eyes, eye surgery, injury to your eye, or retinal detachment.
Is there a Generic Lumigan available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Lumigan is Bimatoprost.
Can I buy Lumigan without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Bimatoprost Discount Coupon and Saving Tips
We have exclusive Prescription Coupon for Bimatoprost that can be used at checkout to get exclusive discount on Lumigan prescription, If you any problem on placing order with us, Kindly use Live chat feature or call +1 888 414 6679.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.