Fosamax (Alendronic acid)
Fosamax, a brand-name version of Alendronic acid, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Fosamax is a bisphosphonate medication used to treat osteoporosis and Paget's disease of bone. You can save on brand name and generic Fosamax by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Fosamax (Alendronic acid) 5mg
Fosamax (Alendronic acid) 10mg
Fosamax (Alendronic acid) 35mg
Fosamax (Alendronic acid) 70mg
Fosamax or Generic Alendronic Uses, Dosage & Side effects
Fosamax is the trade name for medication, Alendronate. It is used in the treatment and prevention of certain types of bone loss (osteoporosis) in adults.
How does Fosamax work?
Osteoporosis may result in thinning of bones and making them break more easily. Your possibility of developing osteoporosis augments as you age, subsequent to menopause, or if you are consuming corticosteroid drugs (such as prednisone) for a long time. Fosamax acts by slowing down bone loss. This effect assists in maintaining strong bones as well as lowering down the risk of broken bones (fractures). Alendronate belongs to a class of drugs named as bisphosphonates.
Directions for use:
The medicine should be taken with a full glass of water. Alendronate works only if taken on an empty stomach. Wait at least 30 minutes (preferably 1 to 2 hours) after taking the medication before you eat or drink anything other than plain water. Consumption of drugs must not be stopped without consulting your doctor. Take Fosamax regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. Remember to take it on the same day each week.
In case of missed dose:
If, for any reason, you miss out taking a dose of this drug, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next dose, you can miss out on the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to compensate for a missed one.
Not every person will experience side effects while using Fosamax tablet. Some of the commonly occurring side effects of this medicine may include nausea, vomiting, headache, loose stools, weight loss, loss of appetite, low sperm count /or gastrointestinal problems.
Inform your physician if you plan on taking Fosamax tablet while taking any of the following drugs:
• Pain relievers or fever reducers (aspirin, NSAIDs for example, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib) that could bring about stomach irritation/ulcers
• Low-dose aspirin for heart attack or preventing stroke (typically at dosages of 81-325 milligrams a day), you must continue taking the aspirin unless your physician instructs you otherwise.
What are the safety measures to be implemented while taking Fosamax tablet?
• Do not take Fosamax tablet if you are suffering from disorders of the esophagus (such as esophageal stricture or achalasia), or facing difficulty while swallowing or standing up straight.
• Patients with kidney problems must also refrain from the use of this medicine.
• Patients with dental issues must also not take this medicine.
• In case you are suffering from stomach/intestinal disorders (such as ulcers), it is a must avoid the use of this drug.
• Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child as it is not safe for an unborn baby.
• The use of this medication is not advisable for children.
Fosamax Discount Coupon
If you looking for a generic alendronate discount card pr coupon, you don't need to use manufacturer discount coupon. We are offering affordable prescription drugs, use our code to save huge on your Fosamax medication.