Chantix / Champix, a brand-name version of Varenicline, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Chantix / Champix is a prescription medication used to treat tobacco use disorder. It both reduces craving for and decreases the pleasurable effects of nicotine from cigarettes and other tobacco products. You can save on brand name and generic Chantix / Champix by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Chantix/Champix (Varenicline) 0.5mg
Chantix/Champix (Varenicline) 0.5mg/1mg
Chantix/Champix (Varenicline) 1mg
What is Chantix/Champix used for?
If you have a habit of smoking 10 or more cigarettes a day, your physician would possibly advise using a prescription drug as well as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). Chantix is the brand name for Varenicline. It is an FDA approved medicine to assist people with smoking cessation. Chantix directly binds to nicotinic receptors to put off withdrawal signs.
Managing disagreeable sensations like loneliness, strain, sadness, fear, and nervousness are some of the most frequent rationales of why individuals smoke. When you have an awful day, it may appear like cigarettes are your only companions. No doubt cigarettes provide you with a calm feeling, but it terribly harmful to your health. Don't let cigarettes become a part of your life.
How should Chantix/Champix medicine be used?
Chantix comes as a 0.5 mg as well as 1 mg oral tablet. It can be initiated at 0.5 mg once every day for the first 3 days and then augmented to twice every day for the next 4 days. Then, it is taken as 1 mg twice daily for 12 weeks. Chantix is initiated one week before the selected quit date. Champix or Chantix must be taken after meals with a glass full of water.
For patients who have effectively terminated smoking at the end of 12 weeks, an extra course of 12 weeks treatment with Champix is advisable to further enhance the chance of chronic abstinence.
What if I miss the dose of Chantix/Champix?
In case of missed dose of Chantix, take it the moment it is possible, but skip out the missed dose if it is almost the time for your next dose. Never take two doses at one time.
What are the side effects of Chantix/Champix ?
The common side effects of Chantix may include nausea (may continue for numerous months), shortness of breath, vomiting, constipation, sleeping problems, abnormal dreams, and heartburn.
Headaches, irregular dreams and taste changes can also happen as side effects of Champix. There is no drug addiction with Varenicline and also it is not a controlled substance. Yet, a few people might become irritable and experience sleep troubles if Chantix is stopped suddenly. Varenicline might deteriorate signs of underlying heart disease.
People might also experience psychiatric signs including mood changes like depression, agitation, behavioral changes, suicidal thoughts during Chantix treatment. People are suggested to stop taking the medication if psychiatric signs occur. Rare dangerous skin reactions and allergy reactions might also occur.
Some medicines when taken together with Chantix may increase or decrease the effectiveness of this medication. Do not take any asthma drugs such as Theophylline, Warfarin, and Insulin in combination with the Champix tablet.
When a person stops smoking, the dosage of such medications might need a dose adjustment by the concerned doctor. Inform the concerned physician and pharmacist that a person is quitting smoking and also all the medical products one is using.
- If you have a history of depression or mental illness, then do not take this medication.
- Avoid the use of Chantix in case of a history of heart disease or any other circulation problem.
- Do not take alcohol while taking this medication as Chantix can add to the effects of alcohol or alter the way you react to it.
- The use of this medicine is not permitted for use by anybody younger than 18 years of age.
- Before using Champix, inform the concerned doctor or pharmacist about medical history. This might include renal disorder, cardiovascular diseases (coronary artery disease, stroke), mental/mood disorders (like bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia), and convulsions.
- When a person quits smoking, he or she can have nicotine withdrawal signs with or without using drugs including Chantix. These signs can be feelings of irritation, frustration, depression, restlessness, or anger.
- Stop the use of Chantix and inform the concerned physician if a person feels agitated, frustrated, depressed, aggressive, or have suicidal thoughts in his or her mind.
- Inform the concerned doctor if a female is pregnant. It is unidentified whether varenicline would damage an unborn baby if she utilizes the medication during pregnancy. Yet, smoking while a female is pregnant might harm the unborn baby or result in birth defects.
- If a female lactates her child while on Chantix, her baby may spit up or vomit more than usual, and might experience a seizure.
Is Generic available for Chantix/Champix?
No, currently there is a medically equivalent version of varenicline unavailable in the market.
Can I buy Chantix/Champix without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and Storage?
Store Chantix tablets at room temperature away from heat, light, and moisture. Avoid keeping the medication in the bathroom. Keep the tablet away from kids and pets. Avoid flushing the drug down the toilet or pouring them into a drain unless told to do so. It is always a good idea to properly discard the medication in case of expiry or no longer required. Contact a pharmacist or local waste disposal company for the same.
How to get Chantix without health insurance?
Quitting smoking is difficult. As the smoking effects diminish, nicotine produces a strong, physical requirement for more. Nicotine urges can be repelled with the help of nicotine replacement therapies viz. sprays, gum, lozenges, inhalers, and patches.
Lately, doctors are moving towards the use of Chantix as a potential option. Even if Chantix is costlier and demands a prescription, it might deliver improved results compared to nicotine replacements. Yet, Chantix is a recent addition and it is costly as well. Generic Chantix is not yet in the market, hence finding the lowest cost is a vital part of the process.
Luckily, people can now get a discount with the help of a Chantix coupon available at OffshoreCheapMeds, even without health insurance. People who really wish to quit smoking can buy Champix online from OffshoreCheapMeds.
What is the price of Chantix without insurance?
Chantix is a 3-6 month fixed-dose quitting plan. The average chantix price of both the 1-month pack of 53 tablets and the follow-up monthly pack of 56 tablets is nearly $593.59 for people without insurance. That implies the out-of-pocket price for a complete Champix course is nearly $1,800 for 12 weeks or $3,600 for 24 weeks.
Luckily, practically all health insurance plans cover Chantix. Also, reasonable cost medication is available at Offshore Cheap Meds. You can buy chantix online and apply your chantix coupon to get a discount.
How does Chantix act without the need for Nicotine?
Chantix targets the nicotine receptors present in a person’s brain and sticks to them. This inhibits the nicotine from adhering to these receptors. And, with time, these receptors start vanishing, hence a person’s nicotine craving gets decreased. And, a person no longer desires a cigarette.
The use of Chantix can be initiated before the quit date. This provides the time for the body to build the medication up in the body. And, this might improve the probability of being successful.
Some tips to manage cigarette cravings:
- Divert the mind. Do such activities that bring happiness like cooking, watching TV, calling a friend or taking a shower. The activity does not matter provided that it gets a person’s mind off of smoking.
- Gives Rewards. A person must strengthen his or her victories. Whenever a person succeeds over a smoking desire, he or she must give a prize to themselves to stay motivated.
- Setting a reminder why a person quits smoking. Concentrate on the reasons for quitting, together with the health profits, money a person saves, and increased confidence.
- Escape from an alluring condition. Where a person is or what he or she is doing may be eliciting the longing for smoking. If so, a transformation of surroundings can make all the variation.
Champix Patient Assistance Programs:
Pharmaceutical organizations generally sponsor Patient assistance programs (PAPs). And, they deliver free or discounted medications to low income or uninsured and under-insured individuals who meet particular guidelines. Eligibility needs may differ for each program.
Chantix Coupons and Discounts:
Chantix offers can be in the form of a saving card, coupon, free samples, rebate, or trial packs. Some offers can be printed from an online pharmacy like OffshoreCheapMeds. Others need registration, completing a form, or receiving a sample from the physician’s office. With Chantix, a person can easily quit smoking!
Buy Chantix Online from OffshoreCheapMeds, a trusted online pharmacy that offers the best quality medications at a discounted rate. OffshoreCheapMeds provide a free Chantix coupon available online at our website.