Zytiga (Abiraterone Acetate)
Zytiga, a brand-name version of Abiraterone acetate, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Zytiga is a medication used to treat prostate cancer. Specifically it is used together with a corticosteroid for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and metastatic high-risk castration-sensitive prostate cancer. You can save on brand name and generic Zytiga by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Zytiga (Abiraterone Acetate) 250mg
Zytiga (Abiraterone Acetate) 500mg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why Zytiga is prescribed?
Zytiga is one of the hormone therapies. It is a prescription medication to be taken along with prednisone. It is used to treat men with prostate cancer that has spread to other areas of the body. Testosterone hormone in males helps prostate cancer to grow and spread. Therefore abiraterone works by blocking the production of testosterone and slowing the growth and spread of prostate cancer.
How to use Zytiga?
Zytiga is a pill to be taken once a day and to be swallowed as a whole without breaking or crushing it.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after food.
- It should be taken along with Prednisone.
- It is advisable to take the medicine same time everyday to maintain the time gap required to avoid overdose.
- The amount of Zytiga dose is dependent on various factors. The doctor will determine the dose and schedule based on the same.
What if I miss the dose of medicine?
You should try to take Zytiga on all days till treatment continues without fail. If you miss it take your prescribed dose the following day. Do not double dose ever even if you have missed one dose.
Always consult your doctor if you make any change in your dose knowingly or unknowingly. Mark your calendar with the dosing schedule as to do list.
What are the side effects of Zytiga?
Some common side effects of Zytiga are:
- Fluid retention
- High triglycerides
- Hot flashes
Some rare side effects of Zytiga are:
- Decreased level of potassium and phosphorus in the blood
- Urinary tract infection
- Muscle aches
- Swollen feet or legs
- Trouble breathing
What are the safety/warnings/precautions for Zytiga?
- Always tell the doctor about any allergies you have.
- It is not indicated to be used for women.
- During treatment men should use protection and birth control.
- Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant should not handle uncoated.
- Zytiga tablets or others if crushed, broken, or damaged without wearing gloves.
What are the possible drug interactions?
Drug interaction with Zytiga may or may not cause serious side effects. It is advisable to inform the doctor about what medications/supplements (including prescription/non-prescription/over the counter) you have been taking before starting on Zytiga medication.
Some medicines may affect how Zytiga works and reduce its effect by removing it from the body or exceeding its content in the body. Hence, all information regarding previous drugs should be given to the doctor in order to manage the drug interaction.
Is there a Generic Zytiga available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Zytiga: Abiraterone acetate is available.
Can I buy Zytiga without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and storage?
- Always keep the medicine in the box it came in.
- Keep it tightly closed and out of reach of children and pets
- Store the medicine atroom temperature away from excess heat and moisture
- It is suggested to store Zytiga at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) in a dry place. Also, keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Zytiga Discount Coupon and Saving Tips
We have exclusive Zytiga Coupon that can be used at checkout to get exclusive discount on Abiraterone acetate prescription, If you any problem on placing order with us, Kindly use Live chat feature or call +1 888 414 6679.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.