Xifaxan, a brand-name version of Rifaximin, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Xifaxan is an antibiotic medication used to treat travelers' diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, and hepatic encephalopathy. You can save on brand name and generic Xifaxan by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Xifaxan (Rifaximin) 200mg
Xifaxan (Rifaximin) 400mg
Xifaxan (Rifaximin) 550mg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why Xifaxan is prescribed?
Xifaxan is the trade name for medication, Rifaximin. It is indicated in the treatment of intestinal bacterial infection. It can also be used for treating travelers’ diarrhea in adults (which is usually caused by E. coli). Also, the drug can be used to reduce the risk of hepatic encephalopathy in adults experiencing liver failure.
Xifaxan is an antibiotic and works by stopping and preventing the growth of harmful bacteria. The medication can also be recommended for patients with irritable bowel syndrome who have diarrhea.
How to use Rifaximin?
The recommended starting dose of Xifaxan for treating travelers’ diarrhea is one 200 mg tablet to be consumed three times per day. This medicine is meant to be taken via the oral route. It can be taken with or without food. The medication is available in the form of a round or an oval tablet.
What if I miss the dose of medicine?
If, for any reason, you miss out on taking a dose of this tablet, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next tablet, you can miss out on the dose that you forgot to take. Never take two doses to compensate for a missed one.
What are the side effects of Xifaxan?
Patients must alert their physician doctor if they develop continual diarrhea, stomach pain or cramping, or observe the incidence of blood or mucus in their stool. Patients with such signs must avoid the use of diarrhea products as well as analgesics which may deteriorate the issue. Severe hypersensitive reactions to Xifaxan are uncommon but may contain: rash, serious drowsiness, breathing difficulties, or irritation or inflammation on the face, tongue, or throat.
What are the safety/warnings/precautions for Xifaxan?
- If you experience diarrhea with fever or are having watery or bloody diarrhea, then it is a must to contact a doctor promptly. You must take Xifaxan as per your doctor’s directions.
- Avoid taking it in overdose or for a longer duration than prescribed.
- Pregnant females must stay away from the use of this drug or take it only as per their doctor’s consultation.
- It is unidentified whether the medicine can pass into breast milk or not. As a result, be careful if you are nursing a baby.
- Xifaxan results in serious hypersensitive reactions like rash, flushing as well as exfoliative dermatitis. These signs may crop up as early as within 15 minutes of intake of medication.
- This antibiotic is also not safe for age groups below 12.
What are the possible drug interactions?
Let your doctor know what all drugs you are taking while going for Xifaxan tablet:
- Antifungal drugs such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole
- Cardiovascular drugs such as Captopril, Amiodarone, Verapamil, Quinidine
- Antiviral medicines such as Ritonavir
- Immunosuppressant drugs such as Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Other antibiotics such as Clarithromycin or Erythromycin
Is there a Generic Xifaxan available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Xifaxan is: Rifaximin.
Can I buy Xifaxan without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and storage?
Store it at 25°C and out of reach from children.
Xifaxan Discount Coupon and Saving Tips
We have exclusive Xifaxan Coupon that can be used at checkout to get exclusive discount on Refixamin online prescription, If you any problem on placing order with us, Kindly use Live chat feature or call +1 888 414 6679.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.