Levitra, a brand-name version of Vardenafil, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Levitra is prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Levitra works by increasing blood flow to the penis when stimulated resulting in a successful erection. You can save on brand name and generic Levitra by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Levitra (Vardenafil) 5mg
Levitra (Vardenafil) 10mg
Levitra (Vardenafil) 20mg
What is Levitra used for?
Levitra is the trade name for medication, Vardenafil. It is a prescription drug used to treat impotence or erectile dysfunction problems in men.
Vardenafil works by relaxing the arterial lining of organs like the heart, lungs, and male genital organ. This effect lowers blood pressure and helps to ease the flow of blood to and from those organs, particularly the male genital organ.
How should Levitra be used?
Take one 20mg tablet of Levitra at least 45 minutes before getting engaged in physical intercourse activity. Remember to take this medication on an empty stomach, avoid the use of alcohol with Levitra tablet. Take this drug by mouth with or without food. Levitra may not work as quickly if you take it with a high-fat meal.
What if I miss the dose of Levitra?
If you miss a dose of Levitra tablet and you still intend to engage in physical activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor.
What are the side effects of Levitra ?
The common side effects associated with the use of Levitra 20mg tablets include dyspepsia, blurred vision, prolonged (and sometimes painful) erection, nasal congestion, stomach ache, flushing, and headache. This product also has some serious but rare side effects that can be fatal. They include stroke, ventricular arrhythmias, heart attacks, extremely low blood pressure, and sudden hearing loss.
Levitra may affect the way other drugs work, and other drugs may affect the way Levitra works, causing side effects. Especially tell your doctor if you take any of the following drugs:
- Antiviral drugs to treat HIV infections like Ritonavir or Saquinavir
- Nitrates such as Glyceryl trinitrate for angina and other heart conditions
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin and Rifampicin
- Drugs for high blood pressure
- Antifungal drugs like Itraconazole or Ketoconazole
- Do not take Levitra 20mg tablet if you have a history of eye disease.
- Patients below 18 years and above 65 years of age must avoid this medicine.
- If you are allergic to Vardenafil, as contained in Levitra, or any of the ingredients in Levitra; then do not take this drug.
- Patients with blood disorders such as sickle-cell anemia, multiple myeloma, leukemia must strictly refrain from the use of this medication.
- Females must not take this drug.
- Levitra tablets must not be taken alog with nitrate-containing drugs.
- Patients with any type of male genital organ deformity must not take it.
- Levitra 20mg tablets can help you have an erection when physical stimulation occurs. An erection will not occur just by taking a pill.
- Avoid the use of Vardenafil tablets if you are having a history of any type of heart problem including heart failure, coronary artery disease, myocardial infarction.
Is Generic available for Levitra?
Yes, Generic equivalent version of Levitra, Vardenafil is avialble in the market.
Can I buy Levitra without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.