Femara, a brand-name version of Letrozole, is available by prescription in tablet form in different strengths. Femara is an aromatase inhibitor which is used in the treatment of hormonally-responsive breast cancer after surgery. You can save on brand name and generic Femara by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Femara (Letrozole) 2.5mg
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Why Femara is prescribed?
Femara is an aromatase inhibitor which means it lowers the amount of estrogen in postmenopausal women. It is a type of hormone therapy used to treat breast cancer. It works by reducing and gradually stopping the production of the hormones estrogen which tumor cells are dependent on to grow. Thus blocking of the estrogen hormone reduces the growth of the tumor cells and makes it shrink with time. It also prevents tumor cells from returning.
How to use Femara?
- Follow all directions in the prescription guide.
- The dosage and duration will depend on certain factors such as current health condition, the type of cancer to be treated and response to the treatment.
- It is a pill to be taken once a day and to be swallowed as a whole without breaking or crushing it and can be taken with or without food.
- It is advisable to take the medicine about the same time every day to increase its effectiveness and avoid overdose.
- Plenty of rest, proper nutrition along with lots of fluids should be taken during this medication.
What if I miss the dose of medicine?
You should try to take Femara on all days till treatment continues without fail. If you miss it take your prescribed dose the following day. Do not double dose ever the next day to make up for a missed dose. Immediately consult your doctor if you have missed more than one dose. Mark your calendar with the dosing schedule as to do list.
What are the side effects of Femara?
Some common side effects of Femara are:
- High cholesterol
- Hot flashes
- Short of breath
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Loss of hair
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
Always consult your doctor if any of the side effects seems to be severe or you experience any unusual symptoms.
What are the safety/warnings/precautions for Femara?
- Always tell the doctor about any allergies you have.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or may become pregnant before starting this treatment as it is not recommended for women who are planning to conceive or is pregnant.
- During treatment use protection and birth control.
- Do not breast-feed while on Femara.
- Do not take any vaccination during the treatment.
What are the possible drug interactions?
Drug interaction with Femara may cause serious side effects. Some medication may affect how Femara works and reduce its effect by removing it from the body or exceeding its content in the body. Hence, all information regarding previous drugs (including prescription/non-prescription/over the counter/herbal) should be given to the doctor in order to manage the drug interaction.
Is there a Generic Femara available?
Yes, the generic equivalent to Femara: Letrozole is available.
Can I buy Femara without prescription?
No, a valid prescription is required for this medication.
Safety and storage?
- Always keep the medicine in the box it came in.
- Keep it tightly closed and out of reach of children and pets
- Store the medicine atroom temperature away from excess heat and moisture
- It is suggested to store Femara at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) in a dry place. Also, keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Femara Discount Coupon and Saving Tips
We have exclusive Femara Coupon that can be used at checkout to get exclusive discount on Letrozole prescription, If you any problem on placing order with us, Kindly use Live chat feature or call +1 888 414 6679.
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.