Atripla (Efavirenz / Emtricitabine / Tenofovir)
Atripla, a brand-name version of - Efavirenz / Emtricitabine / Tenofovir, is available by prescription in pills form. Atripla is a fixed-dose combination antiretroviral medication used to treat HIV/AIDS. It contains efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir disoproxil. It can be used by itself or together with other antiretroviral medications. You can save on generic Atripla by shopping online at our Online Pharmacy.
Atripla (e tri pla)
Active Ingredient: Combination of Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate
- Why is Atripla medication prescribed?
The combination of Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir (Atripla) is prescribed as a treatment for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection to cure elders and children aged twelve. Its consumption additionally lowers the hazard from contagious viruses spread like HIV, while practicing safe sex and living a moderate lifestyle.
- How should Atripla medicine be used?
The Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir (Atripla) combination is orally consumed before one to two hours of meals. The usual dosage is one time a day and it should be taken empty stomach. A good way of its consumption is to check how doctor has prescribed you and to understand its ingredients from the pharmacist.
- What should I do if I forget a dose?
In case you forget a dose containing Combination of Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir (Atripla), you should take it whenever you recall. But if the delay is more and the time for next dose is close, skip it and catch up with the schedule. Never take a double dose.
- What side effects can Atripla medication cause?
If you have been advised the combination of Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir, you can experience certain side-effects such as headache, diarrhoea, forgetfulness, ingestion, abnormal mood swings, gas, etc. You should consult the doctor as soon as you feel something is wrong.
Few other side-effects may emerge in the form of urinating in varying degrees, rashes, feeling thirstier than before, muscle pain, problem breathing or swallowing something, etc.
- Tell the doctor about you have any allergies be it for Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir.
- Check the contents of medicine with your pharmacist or doctor to make sure that you not allergic to any of them.
- Don’t breastfeed during the consumption of this combination of Efavirenz, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir.
- Also if you are already consuming any birth control pills or are under medication for this, consult the doctor for an alternative method of birth control.